Wednesday 16 November 2011

froid.

So back in August. before I came back to France, I went shopping with my Mum and Grandma. Being generous souls, they took me out for lunch and bought me various trucs. Grandma, having visited me in the early days in Nancy (January time) never stops going on about how cold she found it and insisted on buying me a pair of (very warm) velvety legging things. Trying them on in the summer heat, it felt absurd to be purchasing such an article, but less than three months down the line, having been living in a freezing cloud for what seems like forever, (I've seen the sun once in the 2 weeks that I've been back and its hardly got above 5oc) these wonderful trousers are coming into their own - THANK YOU GRANDMA :)
So yes, it's been cold, and rather depressing, and we have our exams in 3 weeks - this is scary!!

However, a couple of weeks ago, the autumn colours were incredible...





(Photo's courtesy of fellow Au Pair, Miss Genvieve - merci! )

Another cheery thing here in the perpetual cloud is the kids - they are completely adorable, and right now I can hear them singing loads of nursery rhymes in English while having their shower - it's so gratifying that they are really enjoying learning English, and yet again, I am experiencing the feeling of foreboding at having to say goodbye to three children that I've really grown to love...

I also had a good weekend with the man and the family in law... think meeting your boyfriend's parents is stressful? Throw in the language dimension! ...but seriously, a really good time!

Hope you're all having a good week xxx

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful photos, for they are beautiful indeed!

    I'm a Christian, and you're more than welcome to stop in for a visit and become a follower to my blog . . . Humble Path. if you'd like that is.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete