Thursday 22 September 2011

settled

So between starting uni, making new friends, getting used to living with a new family and doing a long-distance relationship, I've slacked off on the blog a bit!
But for those who I know check regularly, (I can think of a few people) everything is going really well!


Week three of the French course, and I can say that so far it has been worth every centime! The teaching is so great, the courses are really interesting and I feel like I have progressed a lot in a short time. I practically speak nothing but French now, as there are no other anglophones in my class (consists of Russians, Spanish, Latin Americans, German, Japanese, Chinese, and we all speak in French together!) 


Although I can definitely say this is the last family I'm going to live with (really looking forward to having my own apartment now and doing whatever I want), they are really lovely and I have a lot of fun with the kids who are getting better and better at English every day! They really do have sponges for brains!
Its such a different situation to my last one, and I really couldn't say which I prefer - having more independence and free reign over the children's activities + massive stress, or no stress, but always having the parents there - I'm not sure. anyway it really is different and I get a lot more time to concentrate on my studies!


Last weekend I met my old family's new English Au Pair! She is really nice and it was funny to discuss our shared experiences and I think it gave her a chance to let off a bit of steam - it was such a hard job! I also saw the family which was so nice. The children have all grown SO MUCH and it was really lovely to spend a bit of time with them. They seemed happy to see me too!


These last couple of weeks have been a bit stressful, but everything seems to be settling down now. God, as always has given me so much to be thankful for, and I constantly feel like my life is so blessed.


Just a picture from last month on holiday which reminds me of the amazing power of God (just look at those clouds!) And the absolute heaven that was the west coast of France this summer!




God bless you all xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment