Tuesday 6 September 2011

Same city: new start :)

On to the next chapter!

After a wonderful month with family, friends, weddings, and a little bit of heaven on the west coast of France, I am back in Nancy with a new home in a beautiful part of town, away from the busy traffic, a garden full of fruit and vegetables and where the sun is still shining. I'm playing 'English Teacher' to 3 adorable children, and sociable parents. I get my own separate house attached to theirs, and I don't have to get up at 6:45am!! In fact, today I woke up to the sound of the local church clock striking 9:30 and opened my electric blackout blinds to sunshine streaming through the window. Rather heavenly!

I have also started University - to study the French language! 
Yesterday I went to the uni and had 4 tests to determine which group I will be in for the term...they went pretty well and I have been put in the toughest group... looks like a lot of work for me this term if I want to pass the exams!
I also found out the course is going to be rather more expensive than I'd bargained for! ...but what can you do?! It seems to be a great course.
I can't deny that I miss my last children - but as you may know, it was a very hard job, and something I would not want to repeat however rewarding those 6 months were! It's nice to be back somewhere familiar while starting something very different!



No comments:

Post a Comment