Thursday 21 July 2011

american beauty

Watched this last night with my two favourite French men... had forgotten how awesome it is!


Favourite quotes: 
"And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever... and I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in."


"It's like God is looking right at you, Just for a second, And if you're careful, you can look right back.
"And what do you see? 
"Beauty." 


It touches me every time. I think it evokes the truth that although there is so much mess in this world, God can speak through it, and in an instant, you can be so close to Him and know he is supreme over everything. 


In other film news... go see 'Beginners' with Ewan McGregor... I don't know if it's out in England but I saw it here. It's really funny and so touching. Again, highlights some real truths of life, something that is so often lacking in a lot of films. 
It also made me miss my Dad like mad!

No comments:

Post a Comment